CyDen is a British Health and Beauty company and a leading developer and manufacturer of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal devices for use in the home. Our electronic beauty products are distributed worldwide into household and medical markets under globally recognised brand names
Working alongside senior engineers from other disciplines and supported by engineering management this role will be responsible for delivering the electronics platform of medical, consumer beauty therapy devices.
The role will be responsible for the full product development lifecycle and is expected to have an excellent understanding of design for mass manufacture and reliability. The role will encompass a wide range of electronics from opto-electronic sensing, low power amplification, embedded microcontrollers, Medium to high voltage (300V-1kV), power semiconductors, mains powered and DC-DC SMPS.
The role will be responsible for the delivery of the Electronics and Software development team and incorporates an amount of team and project management, but is supported by a dedicated project manager. The ability to effectively communicate, mentor and manage a team is essential.
The role is expected to be instrumental in guiding the development of new products, capturing requirements, controlling scope and providing planning documentation to support the development of a medical device.
The role must ensure successful communication between other development disciplines, and other teams involved in the product development process to maximise the effectiveness of the whole process.
The role should take a continuous improvement approach, seeking to reduce burden and improve the effectiveness of procedures and processes under their control.
The role is also expected to be responsible for the quality of the teams output, ensuring audit readiness and the delivery of the required documentation for device submissions.
The role will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of a platform that meets all necessary regulatory requirements, therefore an understanding of the required standards and in particular the testing requirements (EMC, Insulation, Fault tolerance) would benefit the candidate.
- Design and development of power, digital and analogue circuits.
- Management of the Electronics and Software development team
- Creation and Maintenance of Development Plans and Design Requirements
- Ensure development is aligned to internal processes and external regulatory requirements
- Ensure the team maintains audit readiness throughout the development process
- Liaise with other teams to align project goals and deliverables
- Ensure documentation is delivered to support the design history records and technical files
- Design, build and test prototypes and write detailed technical reports.
- Reliability and regulatory testing of products (EMC, electrical safety), including submissions to external regulatory bodies.
- Investigation of field and production issues and implementation of corrective actions.
These tasks are not intended as an exhaustive list of the post holder’s duties. The post holder is expected to carry out any reasonable request as deemed appropriate by their Manager to support business needs. Specific responsibilities and authorities are defined in procedures relevant to the role.
- Development of Electronics and Software solutions in a regulated environment
- EMC and safety testing to consumer standards
- Management of a cross functional team of highly skilled engineers
- Working to high level quality standards
- Use of electronic test equipment.
- Use of PCB layout package.
- Development of electronic medical devices
- PCB layout (Altium)
- High power/high voltage electronic systems
- Switch mode power supply design
Qualifications and Training
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Innovative and creative problem solver.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a technical team
- Effective in an environment with quickly changing priorities.
- Logical and lateral thinking ability
To Apply please send your CV and a covering letter, highlighting your key skills and how you meet the above criteria to: email@example.com, quoting ‘Principal Engineer Manager’ in the subject line.