We are seeking a Quality Engineer based in Swansea to establish and maintain our production quality system, working closely with the production team to develop and implement the quality system for our packaging, assembly and warehouse activity.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate quality instructions, specifications and standards;
- Working with purchasing to establish quality requirements for our suppliers, acting as the key contact with suppliers on quality issues and improvements;
- When applicable, undertaking goods inwards checks of Certificates of Conformity and inspection of quality critical components;
- Supporting quality training of production staff and acting as a quality mentor to the production team;
- Undertaking patrol inspections of product quality throughout the assembly and packaging operation;
- Performing audits of the production quality system;
- Recording and investigating non-conformance (product and system);
- Supporting resolution of quality issues, tracking and reporting on progress of corrective and preventive actions;
- Managing the shipping release process for all finished products;
- Managing all aspects of customer returns, including analysis, reporting and progressing corrective actions;
- Ensuring effective control of non-conforming items;
- Maintaining all required records and performance indicators, analysing data to support quality improvement.
- Experience in managing quality in a manufacturing environment under a comprehensive quality management system is essential along with a good understanding of GMP.
- Experience of managing quality in an electronic product or medical device assembly operation would be desired.
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 and knowledge of APQP, PPAP, Control Plan, FMEA, CAPA, NPI, Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), MRP, GD&T would be advantageous.
- Related industry experience is essential
- HNC/HND or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic and/or Mechanical Engineering would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Able to critically evaluate and summarise complex data into simple messages and actions;
- Able to challenge issues in a constructive manner, providing appropriate training and support to improve;
- Organised and methodical;
- Positive and motivated.
To Apply please send your CV and a covering letter, highlighting your key skills and how you meet the above criteria to: email@example.com, quoting ‘Quality Engineer’ in the subject line.