We are seeking a Quality Engineer based in Swansea to work closely with our production, Engineering and Design teams to maintain and continuously improve the quality performance of our products and processes.
- Quality assurance of new products and processes during the NPI process
- Successful completion of FAIR’s
- Control of Calibration system
- Developing and maintaining appropriate quality instructions, specifications and standards;
- Supporting quality training of production staff and acting as a quality mentor to the production team;
- Performing audits of the quality system;
- Recording and investigating non-conformance (product and system);
- Supporting resolution of quality issues, tracking and reporting on progress of corrective and preventive actions;
- Investigation of customer returns, including analysis, reporting and progressing corrective actions;
- Ensuring effective control of non-conforming items;
- Maintaining all required records and performance indicators, analysing data to support quality improvement.
- Proficient use of problem-solving techniques, e.g. Fishbone, 5 Why, CAPA, etc
- Experience in the use of Process Flow/ PFMEA/ Control Plan/ Capability Studies/ PPAP/ etc, as part of a cross functional team.
- Experience in delivering quality improvement in a manufacturing environment under a comprehensive quality management system is essential along with a good understanding of GMP.
- Experience in delivering quality improvement in an electronic product or medical device assembly operation would be desired.
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 and validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), MRP, GD&T would be advantageous.
- Related industry experience is essential
- HNC/HND or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic and/or Mechanical Engineering would be beneficial.
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Able to critically evaluate and summarise complex data into simple messages and actions;
- Able to challenge issues in a constructive manner, providing appropriate training and support to improve;
- Organised and methodical;
- Positive and motivated.
To Apply please send your CV and a covering letter, highlighting your key skills and how you meet the above criteria to: email@example.com, quoting ‘Quality Engineer’ in the subject line.