With the company growing fast, our new factory in Swansea has been up and running for a number of months. We have a number of vacancies for Production Operatives across a full range of shifts.
Undertaking manual and inspection tasks, the jobholder will become competent in their role, ensuring that all production and quality targets are achieved.
Key roles for Production Operatives include:
- Product Assembly Work
- Modular electronics assembly for our home use product, including undertaking inspections at defined stages of the process
- Packing of product, power supplies, instruction leaflets and other items, ensuring traceability of all items packed
- Box Building
- Construction of product and shipping boxes
- Line Feeding
- Bringing stock from warehouse to storage sections
- Issuing stock to correct workstations and returning unused stock to warehouse
- Checking stock levels
All jobs require workers to follow written and verbal work instructions, as well as:
- Working in accordance with all health and safety requirements;
- Meeting all required production and efficiency targets;
- Completing all required production/quality records and performance indicators;
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping;
- Following waste management procedures;
- Contributing to process improvement (safety, quality, output, cost/efficiency…);
- Carrying out other tasks that support the assembly and packaging operation
- Experienced in a role where required to meet output and quality targets
- Experienced in production work, ideally electronic product assembly and associated tasks
- Able to work rigorously in accordance with work/quality instructions
- General secondary or vocational qualifications (e.g. GCSEs, BTEC Certificate)
In addition, the successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Manual dexterity
- Organised and methodical
- Attention to detail
- Works well as part of a team
- Reliable and a good timekeeper
- Prepared to be flexible in the range of tasks required of them to support the business
- Willing to be flexible in response to any need to work additional hours
- Can do attitude
- Able to understand and follow detailed instructions (written and oral) in the English language
Salary and Benefits
40 hours per week:
DAYSHIFT – 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday, 08:00 to 12:00 Friday
TWO-SHIFT (on a one-week rotation)
– AM Shift – 06:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday
– PM Shift – 14:00 to 23:00 Monday to Thursday, 14:00 to 18:00 Friday.
We will also need staff to work nightshift, where hours are currently:
- 22:00 to 06:00 Monday to Friday
Our Production Operatives generally start on an agency staff basis, through our agency staff provider Smart Solutions Recruitment, with the possibility of permanent positions when opportunities arise. As an agency worker, the hourly rates of pay are £8.30 when working dayshift and £9.13 when on the two-shift pattern, with a rate of £9.96 for working nightshift.
On appointment to permanent positions, the following terms and conditions apply:
An hourly rate of £8.50 when working dayshift and £9.35 when on the two-shift pattern and £10.20 for nightshift work.
- 25 days’ holiday
- Free parking
To Apply: please send your CV to: email@example.com, quoting ‘Production Operative’ in the subject line. If you have applied in response to our current radio advertising, please indicate on which station you heard about our company – ‘The Wave’, ‘Swansea Sound’, or ‘Nation’.