With our new factory in Swansea now up and running and our activity growing, we have vacancies for a number of Production Operatives over the next few months.
Undertaking a number of manual and inspection tasks, the jobholder will become competent in all assembly and packaging jobs, to enable complete flexibility in the production process, ensuring that all production and quality targets are achieved.
Rigorously following written and verbal work instructions, responsibilities will include:
- Working in accordance with all health and safety requirements;
- Assembling and packaging products that meet required specifications and standards, undertaking inspections at defined stages of the production process;
- Meeting all required production and efficiency targets;
- Completing all required production/quality records and performance indicators;
- Replenishing workstations with required components;
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping;
- Following waste management procedures;
- Contributing to process improvement (safety, quality, output, cost/efficiency…);
- Carry out other tasks that support the assembly and packaging operation
- Experienced in a role where required to meet output and quality targets
- Able to work rigorously in accordance with work/quality instructions
- General secondary or vocational qualifications (e.g. GCSEs, BTEC Certificate)
- Working in an electronic assembly operation
In addition, the successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Manual dexterity
- Organised and methodical
- Attention to detail
- Works well as part of a team
- Reliable and a good timekeeper
- Prepared to be flexible in the range of tasks required of them to support the business
- Willing to be flexible in response to any need to work additional hours
Salary and Benefits
40 hours per week:
DAYSHIFT – 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday, 08:00 to 12:00 Friday
TWO-SHIFT (on a one-week rotation)
AM Shift – 06:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday
PM Shift – 14:00 to 23:00 Monday to Thursday, 14:00 to 18:00 Friday.
Our Production Operatives generally start on an agency staff basis, through our agency staff provider Smart Solutions Recruitment, with the possibility of permanent positions when opportunities arise. As an agency worker, the hourly rates of pay are £8.30 when working dayshift and £9.13 when on the two-shift pattern.
On appointment to permanent positions, the following terms and conditions apply:
An hourly rate of £8.50 when working dayshift and £9.35 when on the two-shift pattern
- 25 days’ holiday
- Free parking
To Apply: please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Production Operative’ in the subject line and indicating that you are happy for you CV to be forwarded to Smart Solutions Recruitment.