Working in the Manufacturing Engineering team alongside both Development and Operations departments. The jobholder will be part of a team of Process Engineers ensuring smooth New Product Introduction (NPI) into production, the process, development and improvement of all production line equipment and documentation that ensures maximum productivity and quality/yield, in a safe working environment.
Developing a thorough technical understanding of our products, the jobholder’s responsibilities will include all aspects of the Industrialisation process:
- Key Member Engineering Projects:
- Part of a Team Producing Industrialisation Documentation: Standards, Intent, Requirements, Database, Validations.
- Part of a Team Producing Process Documentation such as: DFM, PFMEA, Process Flow Charts, Capacity Plans, Control Plan, Layout, Work Instructions etc.
- Hands on Build and Review to Development during NPI Builds.
- Offer Improvement Ideas to Optimise Manufacturing of Product to Design team.
- Continuously Improve Production Processes to Meet Changing Product Development.
- Support Process Validation Activities:
- Identify Validation Requirements (Including Specification and Sign Off Criteria).
- Project Manage Validation Activity to Ensure Overall Project Deadlines are Met.
- Perform the Validation Process and Ensure Documentation is Compliant to Regulatory Requirements.
- Take Part in Audits where Required.
- Support Manufacturing Tasks:
- Assess Areas of New Process that Require Equipment Studies, Control Points etc.
- Carry Out Gauge R&R and Equipment Capability Studies.
- Produce and / or Review PCN’s, ECN’s, Concessions and Registers
- Investigate and Implement Continuous Improvement Activities:
- Developing Initial Takt Times, OEE, Manning, Feasibilities etc.
- Managing Continuous Improvement Project Teams and Implementing Change.
- Assisting With Research and Development of New Processes e.g. Auto Soldering, Laser Etch etc.
- Identify any Opportunities for Improving New and Existing Processes
- HNC in Mechanical / Electrical / Production / Quality / Manufacturing Engineering
- Process Tools- Six sigma, Lean, 7 wastes, Cause and Effect, Visual Stream Mapping, Poke-yoke, SMED, Pareto, 5S.
- Knowledge of production documentation- PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plans, Layouts
- Previous production, process, continuous improvement experience.
- Knowledge of Process Validation / Process Control
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Production / Quality / Manufacturing Engineering
- Knowledge of Design Transfer/ NPI for Medical/ Electronic products
- Knowledge of equipment and automation
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Analytical and methodical approach to work
- Able to develop a thorough understanding of all aspects of new product development and Industrialisation
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving capability
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with staff from a variety of business functions
- Driven, Self-motivated and pro-active
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Pension – 5% company contribution
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free parking
To Apply: please send your CV to: email@example.com quoting ‘Process Validation Engineer’ in the subject line.