We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer based in Llansamlet, Swansea, to work alongside both Development and Operations departments. The jobholder will report to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
Working in the Engineering team alongside both Development and Operations departments. The jobholder will be part of a team of engineers ensuring smooth NPI into production, the development and improvement of all production line equipment and documentation that ensures maximum productivity and quality/yield, in a safe working environment. Oversee and assist with New and legacy machine improvements and maintenance requirements through TPM, RCA and PDCA activities.
Developing a thorough technical understanding of our products, the jobholder’s responsibilities will include all aspects of the Engineering process:
- Assist in the development of production line equipment and special purpose machinery including:
- Producing specification and sign off documentation.
- Part of a team reviewing design, manufacture, and commissioning with suppliers.
- Hands on project managing bespoke manufactured test equipment and automation.
- Adhering to build and introduction timing plans.
- Involved in Machine Safety Reviews and Risk Assessments.
- Transfer NPD projects into production managing activities and producing documentation including:
- Part of a team developing and introducing production lines and cells.
- Producing documentation such as: FAT and SAT requirements, Capability MSA, Equipment Logs, PCN (process change notes) etc.
- Ensuring all installations, trials FAT’s, SAT’s and validations are completed on all equipment.
- Implementing and investigating production processes including:
- Developing maintenance plans through TPM activities.
- Heavily involved in continuous improvements projects.
- Assisting with research and development of equipment e.g. automation, auto soldering, laser etch, cobots, auto packing lines etc.
- Identify any opportunities for improving new and existing equipment, through cost saving processes such as 3D printing
- Aid in the introduction of inhouse CAD design
- Co-ordinate the maintenance team through RCA and PDCA root cause analysis
- Close involvement with product development including:
- Hands on build and review with feedback to Development during pre-production builds.
- Offer improvement ideas for manufacture to Design team.
- Help oversee Trial Production Runs ensuring run at rate targets are met.
- Continuously improve production equipment to meet Operations requirements.
These tasks are not intended as an exhaustive list of the post holder’s duties. The post holder is expected to carry out any reasonable request as deemed appropriate by their Line Manager to support business needs. Specific responsibilities and authorities are defined in procedures relevant to the role.
- Development of production equipment / test jigs
- Knowledge of Automation/Mechanical/ Mechatronics/Electrical
- Knowledge of Maintenance systems
- Hands on Manufacturing Background
- High-volume production environment
- Knowledge of Design Transfer/ NPI for Medical/ Electronic products
- Knowledge of PLC’s and able to read structured text, ladder logic
- Knowledge of 3D printing
- CAD experience
Qualifications and training:
- HNC in Mechanical / Electrical / Production / Manufacturing Engineering
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical/ Production / Manufacturing Engineering
- Analytical and methodical approach to work
- Able to develop a thorough understanding of all aspects of new product development and Industrialisation
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving capability
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with staff from a variety of business functions
- Driven, Self-motivated and pro-active
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject.