Reporting to the Finance Director, this brand new role of Manufacturing Accountant will provide a much needed direct link between Finance and Operations.
- Costing of BOMs
- Standard costing review
- Production order review and reconciliation
- Investigation of monthly P&L valuation differences (e.g. stock gains and losses)
- Labour absorption rate maintenance
- Monitoring of high-risk stock locations (e.g. to cover risk of inaccuracy)
- Consignment stock reconciliation (to customer sales reports)
- Intercompany inventory/asset movement reconciliation
- Produce a master monthly stock report, covering:
- Slow moving stock
- Lead times
- Details of overstocked components
- Details of difficult to obtain components
- Involvement in perpetual and year-end inventory counts
- GRNI (Goods Received Not Invoiced) clearing
- GIT (Goods In Transit) reconciliation
- WIP (Work in Progress) clearing
- Audit of MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) /purchasing against existing stock levels
- Review of scrap write-off
- Weekly meeting with Quality department on defective stock and quarantine location activity
- Act as lead for suppler reclaims and associated meetings
- Drive optimisation of Production (& Warehouse if necessary) processes and controls with regards to SAP usage
- Assisting production department with SAP difficulties
- System utilisation – continuous improvement:
- Identify need for, and arrange, training where required
- Look at more efficient ways of using the system for production
- Ensure smooth implementation of hardware upgrades (e.g. PDAs)
- Optimisation of reports in use
The ideal candidate must have manufacturing accountant experience and experience of the core areas of the role are very important ie costing, stock management, ERP utilisation for management.
SAP experience would be beneficial, although not essential; however the successful candidate will need to be system savvy within the context of manufacturing.
You must be a fully qualified Accountant, ideally achieved through the CIMA route and be prepared to act as a true business partner between Finance and Operations.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com