Working alongside the Automation Engineer to develop controls, knowledge and experience on legacy and NPI equipment. The Junior Automation Engineer will be part of a team of engineers ensuring smooth NPI into production, the development and improvement of all production line equipment and documentation that ensures maximum productivity and quality/yield, in a safe working environment.
The role of the Junior Automation Engineer
Developing a thorough technical understanding of our products, the jobholder’s responsibilities will include all aspects of the Industrialisation process:
- Assist in the development of production lines:
- Producing specification and sign off documentation.
- Part of a team reviewing design and processes with suppliers.
- Assist in the equipment selection for NPI machinery.
- Transfer NPD projects into production managing activities and producing documentation including:
- Part of a team producing Industrialisation Documentation: code compare documentation between duplicate equipment, provide software limit clarification for NPI projects
- Assist in producing documentation such as: Process Flow Charts, Electrical specifications, Electrical drawing updates etc.
- Implementing and investigating continuous improvement in existing production processes including:
- Developing Initial Takt times, OEE, Feasibilities etc.
- Being part of continuous improvement project teams and implementing change.
- Assisting with research and development of new processes e.g., auto soldering, laser etch, industry 4.0 advancements, cobot cells, etc.
- Identify any opportunities for improving new and existing processes
- Close involvement with product development including:
- Offer improvement ideas for manufacture to Design team.
- Help oversee Trial Production Runs ensuring run at rate targets are met.
- Continuously improve production process to meet changing product development.
Our new Junior Automation Engineer must have:
- Basic knowledge in ladder language, structured text on Siemens, Omron or Beckhoff Twin Cat 3 platforms
- Experience of coding on PLC and IPC equipment
- Degree in Electronic / Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering
- Analytical and methodical approach to work
- Able to develop a thorough understanding of all aspects of new product development and Industrialisation
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving capability
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with staff from a variety of business functions
Ideally you will also have knowledge of Design Transfer, NPI for Medical or Electronic products with proven delivery of projects including electrical, electronic and software interactions.
Experience with all SIemens, Omron and Beckhoff PLC/IPC equipment, SQL, Stored Procedures (SPROC) and C Sharp would also be beneficial.
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject.