We are seeking a Health and Safety Advisor based in Llansamlet, Swansea to develop a comprehensive health and safety system for our busy factory. The focal point for the fixed term will be the implementation of an effective risk assessment process, ensuring safe systems of work are in place for all factory activity.
- Provide advice and assistance to all persons responsible for health & safety at the Factory, also supporting the Bay Studio offices if required
- Provide a robust system, including procedures, guidance and training, to achieve a sustainable risk assessment process at the Factory
- Implement risk assessments for all the Factory’s activities, including general risk assessments, COSHH, Manual Handling, Noise, DSE, and other statutory requirements:
- Provide a review of all hazards at the Factory, developing a prioritised list/programme of the risk assessments required
- Undertake required risk assessments, involving relevant personnel (though working independently, if the situation requires it)
- Agree, track and support actions arising from risk assessments, including provision of safe systems of work / work instructions and training
- Develop a programme for inspection and testing of facilities and equipment, e.g. pressure systems, LEV, lifting equipment, in accordance with insurance and statutory requirements
- Review existing health & safety procedures, including training material, recommend changes and implement as required, e.g.:
- Induction training;
- Emergency arrangements;
- Support the HR Manager in implementing an effective health and safety staff consultation process
- Develop appropriate health and safety KPIs
- Develop and implement a system to maintain appropriate documentation and records to demonstrate compliance all statutory requirements
Qualifications and Training:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Practical and up-to-date knowledge of UK health and safety legislation
- Microsoft packages, including Excel
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Degree / HND, or equivalent, in technical discipline
- Proven experience as a HSE Advisor in a manufacturing organisation
- Able to constructively challenge existing thinking and systems, with a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with staff at all levels in the organization, as well as with external bodies, with the confidence to deal with conflicting opinions.
- Organised and methodical, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Prepared to be flexible with working hours when the situation demands it, e.g. emergency response
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject.