This role is responsible for leading, organizing and motivating the Electronics and Software teams, to deliver projects to plans jointly created with the senior technical team members. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the Electronics and Software Elements of multiple high priority projects from concept design to release for volume manufacture.
Reporting to the senior Project Manager, the role will focus on maximising the efficiency of the engineering teams by providing clear time framed objectives, identifying and clearing pending hurdles and reviewing past performance to better plan for the future.
CyDen is rapidly expanding and often working on many different projects simultaneously, so the role will be required to use good judgement and experience to develop approaches that are suitable for planning and managing the deliveries, but not burdensome and complex.
Key responsibilities include: –
- Manage, track and report project progress to all stakeholders and ensure projects are delivered to agreed timeline
- Monitoring overall progress, identifying pending hurdles and escalating accordingly
- Coordinate the communication between internal and external teams (Development, Ops, IT etc)
- Work closely with electronics & software development team, administering meeting and monitoring tasks
- Monitoring effectiveness of teams and providing feedback through lessons learnt and project post mortem activities
- Arranging meetings between team members, and between team members and clients, to ensure clarity on goals.
- Guide team members through the development process, ensuring deliverables are completed, to satisfy both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- General support to the project teams across all functions to ensure tasks are completed on time
You should hold a relevant degree and, ideally, a professional project management qualification such as PMP, Prince 2 or similar.
You will have experience of overseeing multi-function teams, with a proven record of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to motivate others and maintain momentum during peak output periods. You will need a solid understanding of development lifecycle models, both Agile and traditional, with the indepth understanding needed to blend them to highly regulated medical devices. An understanding of the need to balance quality and delivery and the ability to fully understand the effectivity of the team and plan a sustainable pace for the projects are essential. You must also be willing to become involved in the projects and associated support activities where applicable.
Ideally you will have experience of project management of Electronics and Embedded Firmware projects and of managing projects with physical deliverables and an understanding of the impact of lead times and part availability on project delivery. Experience of delivering projects into a regulated field such as medical, aerospace or military will also be beneficial.
To Apply please send your CV and a covering letter, highlighting your key skills and how you meet the above criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Electronics & Software Project Manager’ in the subject line.