Our production activity is growing significantly in early 2020 and we are looking for a Technical Shift Manager to join our Operations team and manage production across 3 shifts.
To manage the assembly operation for a designated shift, achieving all defined performance targets through leadership of direct reports. Addressing technical issues, both process and product related, to achieve production and quality targets. Identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement in the operation.
- Through leading and training the production team, and working collaboratively with other company departments, responsibilities will include:
- Leading automated/semi-automated/manual assembly and test processes, ensuring staff are organised and competent to achieve production targets;
- Assuring the health and safety of staff, contractors and visitors to the area, ensuring that workplace risks are identified and that safe systems of work are in place and adhered to;
- Ensuring that required quality standards are achieved, through having clearly defined procedures, specifications and standards in place and adhered to;
- Overseeing autonomous and planned maintenance on the assembly and packaging process, ensuring equipment is available as required for maintenance activity;
- Ensuring assembly/test process fault diagnosis and recovery;
- Managing the set-up of the assembly/test process;
- Managing product/model changeovers;
- Ensuring effective supply of materials to assembly processes;
- Ensuring material traceability, to medical device regulatory standards, at all stages of the process;
- Ensuring that the workplace is well organised, with housekeeping to clinical standards;
- Ensuring that all staff respect waste management procedures;
- Operating in accordance with agreed budgets and promoting a culture of cost efficiency;
- Ensuring appropriate performance data and KPIs are generated and reported daily/periodically to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of manufacturing operations;
- Implementing tools and techniques to facilitate continuous improvement;
- Ensuring staff are treated and treat others fairly, with dignity and respect;
- Actively managing staff attendance, providing required time and attendance information, with a fair and rigorous approach to dealing with attendance issues;
- Undertaking formal disciplinary, grievance and absence reviews where required;
- Senior person on site outside dayshift hours.
- Leading teams in a manufacturing environment, with responsibility for all aspects of the operation: safety, quality, output…
- Experience in managing PLC controlled assembly equipment
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Proficient in use of MS Office applications (Excel…)
- Experience of working in an electronic assembly operation
- Leadership qualifications (e.g. ILM level 2/3)
- Business Improvement Techniques training (e.g. NVQ level 2/3)
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Positive role model
- Organised and methodical
- Self-starter, takes the initiative
- Able to work with minimal supervision, escalating issues when required
- Results focused / target driven, committed to meeting customer needs
- Pro-active, collaborative, problem solving approach to issues
- Able to engage staff in achieving business objectives and improving business performance
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with staff at all levels in the organisation
- Able to challenge performance issues in a constructive manner, providing appropriate support to improve
Hours of Work (on a one-week rotation)
– AM Shift – 06:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday
– PM Shift – 14:00 to 23:00 Monday to Thursday, 14:00 to 18:00 Friday.
OR – 14:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday (when working a 2 shift pattern)
– Nightshift – 22:00 to 06:00 Sunday to Monday
A shift allowance of 10% is paid for working AM and PM Shifts, 20% when on nightshift.
- 25 days’ holiday
- Free parking
To Apply: please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Technical Shift Manager’ in the subject line.