Leading the assembly operation for a designated shift in our new factory, the jobholder will be responsible for achieving all defined performance targets through leadership of direct reports, addressing technical issues, both line and product related, and identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement in the operation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the automated assembly process, ensuring staff are organised and competent to achieve production targets;
- Assuring the health and safety of staff, contractors and visitors to the area;
- Ensuring that required quality standards are achieved;
- Categorising defects identified on rejected product to enable further analysis and implementation of corrective action;
- Overseeing autonomous and planned maintenance on the assembly and packaging process;
- Assembly line fault diagnosis and recovery after stoppages
- Managing the set-up of the assembly and packaging process;
- Managing product/model changeovers;
- Ensuring material traceability, to medical device regulatory standards, at all stages of the process;
- Ensuring that the workplace is well organised, with housekeeping to clinical standards;
- Implementing tools and techniques to facilitate continuous improvement;
- Providing and maintaining appropriate key performance indicators to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of manufacturing operations
– Experienced in leading teams in a manufacturing environment, with responsibility for all aspects of the operation: safety, quality, output, technical…
– Experienced in operating PLC controlled assembly equipment;
– Qualified in an engineering discipline.
– Experience of working in an electronic product assembly operation;
– HNC in an engineering discipline;
– Leadership qualifications;
– Training in business improvement techniques.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
– Able to be a positive role model;
– Organised and methodical;
– Analytical, with a problem-solving approach to issues;
– A self-starter, taking the initiative;
– Results focused / target driven, committed to meeting customer requirements;
– Able to interact and communicate effectively with staff at all levels in the organisation;
– Able to train/coach staff;
– Able to challenge performance issues in a constructive manner, providing appropriate support to improve.
To Apply: please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Technical Shift Leader’ in the subject line.