Working alongside senior engineers from other disciplines and supported by engineering management, the successful candidate will be the key person responsible for delivering the electronics platform supporting both medical and consumer IPL beauty therapy devices, managing the process from proof of concept through to production.
Responsible for the full product development lifecycle, the role will encompass a wide range of electronics from opto-electronic sensing, low power amplification, embedded microcontrollers, medium to high voltage (300V-1kV), power semiconductors, mains powered and DC-DC SMPS.
Co-ordinating the activity of more junior staff within the functional area, and supporting the wider product development process within the business, responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of power, digital and analogue circuits.
- PCB design and layout.
- Design, build and test of prototypes and writing detailed technical reports.
- Ensuring that electronic products are designed and tested in accordance with company procedures.
- Reliability and regulatory testing of products (EMC, electrical safety), including submissions to external regulatory bodies.
- Management and implementation of cost reduction programs.
- Investigation of field and production issues and implementation of corrective actions.
The platform developed may in part be controlled by ARM Cortex based microcontrollers, so will require effective communication of functional requirements and writing code to test and exercise the platform.
– HNC/HND in Electronics Engineering
– Experience of product design of high volume consumer electronic products, including digital and analogue circuitry
– Excellent understanding of design and test for mass manufacture and reliability
– Knowledge of EMC and safety testing to consumer standards
– Able to work to high level quality standards
– Understanding of best practise design for EMC and the required standards and testing requirements
– Experienced in use of electronic test equipment
– Working understanding of suitable CAD systems
– Experienced in use of PCB layout packages
– Understanding and working knowledge of a spice based simulator
– Track record of project management and successful delivery
– Degree in Electronics Engineering
– Maths A-level, achieving grade B or higher
– Experience of managing external contractors
– Knowledge of high power/high voltage electronic systems
– Experience in switch mode power supply design
– Knowledge of Proteus PCB layout package
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
– Innovative and creative problem solver
– Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a technical team
– Able to communicate effectively to cross functional teams and effectively communicate test requirements
– Able to mentor and delegate to more junior staff
– Effective in an environment with quickly changing priorities
– Logical and lateral thinking ability
To Apply: please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Principal Electronics Engineer’ in the subject line.