Our Company is a leader in combining technological innovation with clinical understanding of skin-light interaction. Building on the huge potential for home use hair removal devices, we are looking to develop our technology in areas such as skin rejuvenation, acne treatment and other beauty applications. We are investing to further develop our clinical and technical capability, to support our growth and diversify our product portfolio.
Working in the Development Department, reporting to our Senior Product Design Engineer, the successful candidate will design and develop new and existing products from concept through to manufacture.
Demonstrating a creative yet methodical approach, with a good understanding of design and engineering principles and able to manage the challenges of developing products from concept through to mass production, responsibilities will include:
- Product/Mechanical design primarily using Solidworks (3D Solid & Surface modelling).
- 2D Technical drawings, including tolerancing.
- Ensuring designs are suitable for mass production.
- 3D Printing concepts for usability trials and functional testing.
- Testing and validation of prototype and pre-production parts.
- Project documentation – Drawings, Test reports, DFMEA, etc.
- Production & Part Approval support as required.
– HNC in Mechanical or Product Design, or equivalent
– Proficient in the use of Solidworks software (products are complex with ergonomic shapes that require a high level of CAD capability)
– Experience of designing high quality plastic parts for injection moulding
– Good knowledge of mechanical design principles
– Significant industrial experience
– Degree in Mechanical or Product Design, or equivalent
– Surface modelling experience
– Experience of designing mechatronic products
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
– Methodical approach to work
– Good problem-solving capability
– Excellent diligence and attention to detail
– Able to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues and suppliers
– Self-motivated and pro-active
To Apply: please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Mechanical Product Design Engineer’ in the subject line.