To support our continuing growth and future plans for introduction of new products and manufacturing processes, we are looking for a Manufacturing Development Engineer to join our Development team.
Reporting to the Director of Development, whilst working closely with the Operations department, the jobholder will be involved in the transfer of NPD products into production and manage the development of production line equipment and test jigs that ensures maximum productivity and quality/yield, in a safe working environment.
Developing a thorough technical understanding of our products and managing all aspects of the industrialisation process, key responsibilities will include:
- Design Transfer’ of medical NPD projects to production – managing activities and producing documentation e.g. DFM, PFMEA etc.
- Managing the development of production line equipment and automated test jigs including:
- Producing equipment / jig design specifications
- Managing equipment / jig development and production with external suppliers
- Defining equipment validation plans, and assisting with equipment validation e.g. (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Investigating feasibility of new production processes e.g. automated soldering, laser etching, etc.
- Development of optimised assembly line layouts (creation, line balancing etc.)
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for improving existing production processes.
- Feedback to Development on product issues and improvement ideas
- Development of production equipment / test jigs for high volume manufacture
- Industrialisation and production process improvement for mechatronic products in a high-volume production environment
- Knowledge of 3D CAD
- Knowledge of automated production equipment e.g. PLC’s and actuators
- Knowledge of Solidworks
- Knowledge of Design Transfer for Medical products
Qualifications and Training
- HNC in Production/Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering Educated to degree level
- Degree in Production/Manufacturing Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
- Analytical and methodical approach to work
- Able to develop a thorough understanding of all aspects of new product development and industrialisation
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving capability
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with staff from a variety of business functions
- Self-motivated and pro-active
To Apply please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Manufacturing Development Engineer’ in the subject line.