With our manufacturing activity expanding rapidly and the need for technical expertise in our Factory growing, we are looking for an experienced Equipment Engineer to join our team.
Working in a medical device manufacturing factory, with manual cell and automated/PLC controlled assembly and test operations, supporting the shift technicians with equipment fault finding and repair, driving jig and equipment improvement activities, liaising with the Industrialisation Engineering team to support future equipment design and development.
- Supporting the Shift Technicians with equipment and test jig fault finding and repair advice
- Supporting the design, development and implementation of new manufacturing equipment and test jigs
- Reviewing equipment performance to drive on-going improvement of existing equipment and test jigs
- Controlling the calibration and set up of product test jigs (in house calibration systems are used)
– Experienced in working in an automated production/assembly operation
– Experience of maintenance, fault diagnosis and rectification of computer controlled test equipment
– Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and process improvement tools and techniques
– HNC/HND or equivalent – Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
– Experienced in working in an electronic product assembly operation;
– Experience of working in a regulated industry (medical device, aerospace…);
– BSc/BEng or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• Organised and methodical;
• Highly analytical;
• High level of competence in use of IT systems, including Microsoft packages (Excel);
• Self-starter, takes the initiative;
• Pro-active, collaborative, problem solving approach to issues;
• Able to identify and implement opportunities for improvement;
• Able to interact and communicate effectively with staff at all levels in the organisation;
• Able to effectively train/coach technical staff.
To Apply: please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Equipment Engineer’ in the subject line.