This role will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the electronics platform supporting both medical and consumer IPL beauty therapy devices. Covering the full product development lifecycle, the jobholder is expected to have an excellent understanding of design for mass manufacture and reliability. The role will encompass a wide range of electronics from opto-electronic sensing, low power amplification, microelectronics, Medium to high voltage (300V-1kV), power semiconductors, mains powered and DC-DC SMPS. Responsibilities will include:
- Design, building and testing of prototypes and writing detailed technical reports;
- PCB design and layout;
- Ensuring that electronic products are designed and tested in accordance with company procedures, effectively communicating test requirements;
- Reliability and regulatory testing of products (EMC, electrical safety), including submissions to external regulatory bodies;
- Investigation of field and production issues and implementation of corrective actions.
- HNC/HND in electronic engineering;
- Experience of high volume consumer electronic product design – including digital and analogue circuitry;
- Experience of EMC and safety testing to consumer standards;
- Experience in use of electronic test equipment;
- Knowledge of PCB layout packages;
- Understanding of CAD systems;
- Working knowledge of a spice-based simulator;
- Able to effectively communicate technical requirements;
- Effective project and time manager;
- Experience of working to high level quality standards;
- Innovative and creative problem solver;
- Able to work under own initiative or as part of a technical team;
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Degree in electronic engineering;
- Experience in managing external contractors;
- Knowledge of high power/high voltage electronic systems;
- Experience of switch mode power supply design;
- Experience in use of Proteus PCB layout package;
- Understanding of relevant regulatory requirements;
- Able to adapt to quickly changing priorities;
- Logical and lateral thinking ability.
To Apply please send your CV to: email@example.com, quoting ‘Electronics Design Engineer’ in the subject line.