Our clinical trials are a key factor in our ability to bring innovative products to the market place. We now have a number of opportunities for candidates, with a genuine interest in the health and beauty industry, to join us as Clinical Trials Assistants, key members of the clinical research team.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Affairs, the Clinical Trials Assistant will manage all aspects of undertaking clinical studies, from recruitment of subjects to completion of study reports. You will be responsible for the execution of daily clinical research activities according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practice and the applicable Clinical Trial directives and legislation. The role is very practical, you must be prepared to demonstrate your ability to complete activities to a very high degree of rigour, under the constraints of time. Following extensive training you will be responsible for performing all patient appointments, which will consist of performing treatments with the investigational device(s) and have sole responsibility during that appointment for capturing high quality real-time photographs, and non-invasive skin measurements. You will provide administrative support to the Principal Investigator and Project Managers.
The role will involve working independently across multiple clinical suites, and alongside other Clinical Trials Assistants and Clinical Research Associates, in an open plan office; the culture is very friendly, and team based. You will be responsible for study specific and generic administrative duties, in addition to study recruitment. You will be expected to liaise with study participants both verbally and by written forms of communication.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of study documentation prior to study commencement
- Recruitment of subjects to take part in clinical trials, maintaining appropriate contact during the clinical trials process
- Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate appointment schedule
- Ensuring completion of the informed consent process
- Working to multiple study protocols, in different stages of a trial development (start -up, recruitment, maintenance, close-out)
- Executing clinical research activities to a very high degree of rigour, including performing treatments with the device(s) under trial and capturing high quality, real-time photographs
- Ensuring accurate and complete Case Report Form entry during trial execution
- Accurately transcribing raw data and ensuring records are maintained
- Monitoring and replenishing clinical suite supplies/consumables
- Prompt reporting of any concerns arising during a study
You must be comfortable speaking about the company’s product portfolio, information and upcoming clinical investigations. The successful candidate must be flexible and adaptable to change; working to the needs of the business and able to work a varied shift pattern including evening and weekend work.
- Good general secondary or vocational qualifications (e.g. ‘A’-level, BTEC Certificate..) including GCSEs in Maths & English
- Experience of working in a structured, rigorous manner
- HNC/HND or equivalent in a science related discipline
- Experience of undertaking clinical trials using good clinical practice
In addition, the successful candidate will need to have:
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A high level of numeracy
- The ability to maintain utmost confidentiality in all work matters
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities, taking on additional tasks where required
- The ability to work effectively as both an individual and as part of a team
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free parking
- Internal and external training
To Apply please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Clinical Trials Assistant’ in the subject line. The closing date for applications is 22nd May 2020.